Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teenagers

This morning was rough!  Jake left without a word.  No goodbye.  No hug.  Nothing.  Annie said, "today he's the poster child for teenage angst."  I told her she had better watch out, because it could just as easily be her.  She didn't like it so much.  

Today was an early release day for the elementary and middle schools.  Once a month the kids get out an hour and a half early.  This gives the teachers a chance to have meetings without taking an additional two days off.  As a parent it was always a pain.  When I was working it was a challenge to make arrangements for my kids.  Now as a "staff" person it's a great opportunity to get all the little things done that collect.  Last year we called it a silly short day, but then one of the girls convinced her Mom it was silly shorts day.  We all got a big laugh out of it.  We've renamed it a silly day - no snack, no outside time.  Maybe we should call it a bummer day since those are most kids favorites parts of their day.

Annie had friends come over after school.  They helped each other with their math homework and then played Mindcraft on Xbox.  It was hilarious to watch them.  Annie snuck into someone's house and scared her.  It was so funny.  My Mom always said three was a bad number.  The girls all got along great in person but sort of fought over one of the girls attention in the game.  Again, I found it funny.  To solve the problem she jumped off the island and swam to another and made it her own space.  The boys wouldn't have done that... they would have continued to torture each other.  
Annie, Jen and Ella just hanging out playing a game.


Jake has band practice again tonight.  I'm getting that icky feeling again that I'm supposed to take... but we just discussed it last night.  Please don't let there be a misunderstanding.  Jake has to wear his marching shoes.  (No misunderstanding - they were running late.)
Jake's lookin' fancy in his marching shoes.


With the boys busy - Jack had a meeting at church, Annie and I met Aunt Sue, Lauren and Brittany (Lauren's BFF/roomie) for dinner in Belton.  Annie was in rare form... ok, I say that but really she was just her normal chatty self.  I always leave wishing we had more time to spend together.  I just love them all!  We are planning a trip to Vegas in January to celebrate Lauren's 21st birthday.  Sorry Annie, you have to stay home.   

The day is ending with me feeling very uneasy.  I'm praying for our church.  Lord, please don't let us get in the way of your work.  This verse came to my mind... "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  Matthew 19:26.  Ok, God.  I'm giving my uneasiness to you and will continue to pray for your guidance.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment