Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Last Day

Today, was my last day of summer.  The kids still have a few days - but I have meetings and training.  I'm ready to go back.  I'm ready to get back into a routine.  I'm excited to see my co-workers.  I'm excited to see the kids.  I am NOT ready to get up early.

I wanted to do something fun today.  Thankfully, I was able to talk Annie into it... after I took her to the library.  I did a little shopping but came up empty handed.  Annie found MANY things... we narrowed down her pile by trying things on.  These are by far her favorite:

 
Super cute, super tall!
She took them for a test walk, 
all around the store.

So tall in fact, she's taller than me.
:-(

The band practiced outside this afternoon.
They sound great.

Jake is tired, tired, tired.
He had to do 30 push-ups because the tubas 
didn't get their horns lifted up quickly enough.
They united in push-ups since no one was individually called out.

Sometimes things don't go as planned.  I didn't find anything new to wear on my first day of school.  I didn't get to go out to lunch at some place new and different.  I didn't finish the last of my summer to-do list.  And I didn't have dinner ready and waiting on the table when Jack got home.  (That rarely happens AND he got home early today, but still I try.)  Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day.  It's all good.  It's not really the last day... it's just the beginning of something new.  :)

And I still have a few more nights of Olympics to enjoy.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment