Friday, August 24, 2012

Hello Friday!

I took this yesterday.
Jake's new home away from home.


Have you ever been waiting for a ride and then had a bad feeling... a feeling that tells you to check the calendar and see if maybe it might be your day to drive?  I'm familiar with that feeling.  I had that feeling this morning.  I checked the calendar and then Jake said I didn't say anything, I just screamed and ran to the car.  I thought I said "I'M DRIVING!" but he didn't hear it that way.  Thankfully, he was outside before I started backing up the car.  I called the other family to tell them I was on my way and they were just leaving too.  We met at the light.  It all worked out for the best.  Meeting actually saved us about 4 minutes.  The boys weren't late.  Jake said they practiced on the football field, not the parking lot, which is a good half mile from the band room.  I'm so thankful he wasn't late.  I called Monique on my way home and she said she had texted me late last night offering to drive but I didn't see it.  And she was running late this morning.  It all worked out for the best and I can laugh about it now.    

It was a quiet morning without kids in the classroom but we had plenty of work to do and the time flew by.

Jake's biology class was having a party and he wanted to bring bacon.  He asked for two pounds.  He got one.  I cooked some in the oven and some on the Traeger grill.  I must not have had the temperature high enough and it smoked it more than cooked it.  After I got back from dropping off a plate of bacon to Jake I stuck the rest of the bacon in the oven and finished cooking it.  We had BLT's for dinner.  There were no complaints.    

Annie is at a slumber party tonight.  Her friend, Maggie, is turning 14.  The are so excited! When I dropped her off all the girls were waiting in the driveway.  I pulled up slowly and honked.  Screams from the girls... laughter from me and Annie.  (And Jack when I told him when I got home.)  I hope she has a good night.

Jake is having his friend, Jack, spend the night here.  They had fun playing football with the neighbors, skateboarding and biking and are now busy playing Xbox.  They want to get up early and go to the skate park.  (I hope that means they aren't going to stay up super late!)  We shall see.

Tonight I went shopping for a dress for DJ's wedding!  I didn't try anything on in the store.  I haven't had much luck and Jack is always honest... brutally honest sometimes, but honest none the less.  I came home with three dresses.  #1 is faux wrap dress, zig zaggy, navy, white, orange and super cute.  Jack said it was better than any of the other three dresses I'd brought home before now.  The only problem was it was a bit big.  Tomorrow I will see if I can find the right size.  It would be perfect for the rehearsal.  #2 is a sheath dress with a thin black belt at he waste and it's purple.  It has a lattice looking detail on the top.  When I put it on I wasn't so sure... it wasn't the most comfortable but Jack LOVED it!  "Really?"  I just wasn't sure.  He named all the things he liked about it.  Ok, then.  We have a winner!  #3 I tried on even though it I wasn't even sure I liked it.  It was more of an A-line.  It was coral.  It was comfy.  Jack said it looked "churchy" - not a bad thing but not "for a wedding."  Hm, purple. I don't usually wear purple, but I won't argue with Jack.  If he says it looks nice, it must!  :-)


My dress is this color... sort of.
The first picture I took came out royal purple.
This is closer.

This is the dress I want to find for the rehearsal.
Cute, huh?

Ok, that's it.  

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment