Thursday, August 2, 2012

Again!?

This morning did not go as planned.  I couldn't get to Topeka and back before lunch duty at the high school. I could have just called and said I couldn't help, but I felt like I needed to be there.  Annie went with me.  The lower brass section enjoyed  lunch and was appreciative.  I was surprised to see segregation - the tubas (4 strong) sat in the corner.  When I asked Jake about it he said "we're separate now!"  Well, ok then.  He didn't seemed bothered by it.  It wasn't nearly as hot out - do to the rain - but the frozen fruit cups were a success!   Lunch went smoothly and I am going back to help prep on Saturday.  Yeah, the warm fuzzies I've been seeking!

Annie and I were home before noon.  We ran in the house to retrieve Annie's bags and Suzy.  We got settled in the car and... it was dead.  Totally and completely dead!  I called Jack.  This seems very familiar.  The last Wednesday of May, just before school was out, the same exact thing happened to me at the car wash.  I got out - the attendant drove my car into the wash - another attendant drove it from the exit to the drying station.  When it was clean and dry I got in and... nothing.  It's a yucky feeling.

I called Mom and Dad and relayed my technical difficulties.  Jack tried to jump start it... nothing.  He decided to work from home - I took the truck to Topeka.  When I arrive Dad asked if I was stressed out.  "Not really, it's just inconvenient."  Little did I know Jack was stressed out enough for the both of us.  :-(  

Here are a few pictures from the last couple days...

"Has anyone seen my sunglasses?"  
I gave up and grabbed another pair before I realized...

 
Left - Annie: Chillaxin' in her jammies for 2 DAYS!
Right - Jack's new grill.  
Me - "Isn't that the table you were trying to sell on Craigslist?"
Jack - "It was."

 
Left - Jake, the story teller. 
(Pre-gun show - let's see what his biceps look like in a few months.)
Right - Annie and her narwhal going to Leenie's.

Augh!  Scary!
Sam, Isaac and Annie

  
Left - BEST traveler ever!
Right - Ugh!

Homeward bound.
Pretty day.

Jack took the battery out, got it tested, and... it's good.  :-?  He researched it on the internet.  Put the battery back in and tightened everything possible.  He decided to give it one last try before giving up and getting me to tow it to the mechanic.  It started right up.  Must have been a loose connection.  I hope that's all it is!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment