Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jake and more

Jake had a great morning!  He loves ALL his teachers, especially his German and Biology teachers.  "Oh, and my Math teacher is really nice, too!  I like it.  I am just looking forward to being able to being independent and take on more responsibility.  That's incredibly important."  WOW, who is this kid?  But I like what I'm hearing!  Jake has all male teachers except one, German.  He was very excited that ALL his teachers pronounced his name correctly.  "There are a TON of Jacob's and Jake's.  SO many!"  I think he's getting use to people calling him Diemer.

So, guess what happened to me when it was time to leave school???  Give up?  My car wouldn't start... AGAIN!  I called Jack frantic.  Jack said, "don't worry, we'll just take it in and exchange it."  I thought what? and finally!  Then Jack said he'd take it in and exchange the battery. I was deflated.  I gave it one more try and guess what... the stupid thing started.  ?  It's possessed!  No, not really just another bad battery.

Both kids had an orthodontist appointment this afternoon.  We walked outside, got in the car and DEAD AGAIN!  StUpId!  I tried out my handy dandy charger that Jack bought me.  Nothing.  Our neighbor Cody was outside so I asked for a jump.  We tried.  Nothing.  ?  I had called Jack in the midst of this stupidity and he was already on his way home.  I called the orthodontist and they were  very understanding and accommodating.  Jack got home, hooked up the charger that I had tried and  it started right up.  (Seriously?)  I've since decided it was my own user error.  We took the truck and arrived 15 minutes late.  Meanwhile, Jack took the car in and got a new battery.  (Deep sigh!)

Annie was in for an evaluation.  She only has one more baby tooth to lose.  And then, we started making appointments.  Annie will start the process on Monday, January 7th.  She's much more nervous than Jake was.  Jake joined us and did not ease her nerves at all.  (Ok, he's back!  lol!)  Jake goes back in a month for rubber bands.  "Oh great.  Wonderful.  Amazing." was Jake's response.

Jake spent the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening at a friends house swimming and hanging out.  He didn't take his phone and I finally broke down and called.  "When should I pick you up?"  Jake: "I dunno."  Me:  "Ok then, I'll see you in 15 minutes.  Is that ok?"  Jake:  "Sure."  Again I thought, who is this kid?  So agreeable, I like it!

Annie finally got her turn at new shoe shopping.  She had her sneakers picked out in about 5 minutes.  She doesn't mess around!  It was Mom that forced her to look at the clearance rack... "this is torture!  I love shoes!"  Unfortunately, we didn't find anything else to take home.  Even though she test walked a cute hot pink pair with adorable bows on the toes for a while but they were a half size too big.  Maybe I can find them on-line.  :-)

 Here are a couple Annie pics from today...

Annie got a chocolate toothbrush
from the orthodontist!  
(An early Birthday surprise!)

 
< Annie's new sneakers.
> The shoes Annie fell in love but couldn't find her size.

No comments:

Post a Comment