Saturday, August 25, 2012

Smoke!

I woke up to the smell of smoke.  Mmm!  Ok, that's probably something you have never heard before. And it does sound pretty funny, I admit.  Jack put a brisket and burnt ends on the smoker last night and set it for low and slow.  Which means it cooks at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time.  Here are a few pictures, out of order...  
Jack's lunch: 
burnt ends, brisket, baked beans and oriental cole slaw.
No it's not ketchup - it's Gates Sauce.
Yum!
 
< Trimmed point.
> Cubed and foil sauced.
Can you smell it?

The kids both survived the night.  I woke up a little after 6:00 and sent Annie a text.  I was surprised to get a quick reply.  Everyone else was asleep.  Thankfully my text did not wake her.  She wasn't ready to come home so I picked her up at 10:00.  Happy and 6 hours sleep - well rested.

Jake and his friend, Jack were up at 7:45.  They didn't say anything to me about the skate park and played Xbox all morning.  I think Jack would have been happy to spend the whole weekend.  :-)  He had never had burnt ends before, so lunch was an adventure, but he really like them.  We took him home around 1:30.  

The kids had fun playing Skate City on Xbox.

Jack made beans and rice for dinner.  I love it when he's in the a cooking kind of mood!  
Family movie night.  We watched The Hunger Games.  I shut my eyes and plugged my ears a couple times.  I cried.  It was very good.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment