Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sleep in Saturday (or not)

One thing that has become very precious (and rare) in our home is sleep in Saturday.  If at all possible we make no plans before noon.  The kids are finally getting to the age when they realize sleep is treat.  Hooray!  This morning I woke up a little after 4:00, did my morning ritual of going potty and taking my medicine.  Then I returned to bed where I tossed and turned for about 45 minutes.  I didn't want to wake Jack, so I went downstairs.  I got on-line, entered a few JCP button codes to feed my addiction and surfed the world wide web - that's for you Dad!  Most of us just call it the internet.  ;-) - anyway I looked for recipes to make with my mixer, whenever it arrives.  I started to plan a menu for Christmas day, using as many recipes as possible utilizing my new tools. Unfortunately, most of my menu items fall into the sweets category... Buddy the elf would love it, but the rest of us would be sick!  

I kept thinking 'I'm gonna get tired and go back to bed' but that never happened.  If my post gets rambly or weird, bare with me.  ;-)

Jack woke Annie up at 10:50! 

The kids had pageant rehearsal from noon til 2:30.  Jack and I decided to make a quick but  terrible mistake of going to the mall.  WHAT were we thinking?  One store, in and out.  The crowds were not as bad as I expected, not to say it wasn't busy.  The parking lot was crazy.  We stopped for gas and a quick car wash, ran home to get my phone and refill Jack's ice tea glass, then back to rehearsal before it was over.  We decided to sit in the cry room so that we could talk and be surprised during tomorrows performance.
All hands on deck!

Annie put prints all over the cry room window, 
so Jack decided to clean it up while we waited.

We left and stopped by some friends for their annual cookie baking day.  Jack and the kids each had a glass of milk with their cookies.  The kids, knowing that they had homework looming at home, asked if we could stay a while and visit.  "Visit" to the kids translates to video games.  :-)  We stayed for almost 45 minutes.  

We were all adequately hyped up on sugar as we headed home.  Jack didn't waste too much time at home and headed off to practice his golf swing.  He's very pleased with his progress.  
Jake dug into his studies 


 
and Annie got to work on her portrait. 

After Annie was done she got to spend some time with her friends.  And after dinner Jake had a friend come over for a few hours.  It's so weird that his friends can drive over.  SO CRAZY!  This friend is a sophomore and a friend from church.  :-)

I decided about an hour ago that I was really tired and ready for bed, but I couldn't  - it'd be another mixed up night.  I just ate some chocolate in hopes of prolonging my dreams a bit.

I made it to 9:30!  And Suzy's telling me she's done, too!
"Come on Mom!  It's bedtime!"
Who could argue with that face?
Not me!

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment