Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas spirit!

Wow, today was productive!  

I went to the grocery store and planned meals for the next week.  I wrapped a few presents.  I only have to buy a few more presents but they're for extended family and we aren't getting together until New Year's Day.  I am not fighting any more crowds.  Yeah!

We didn't go to church this morning because they have already started their Christmas Eve services.  We thought about going last night but didn't.  I saw a few pictures and the crowds were crazy.  We are going tomorrow night, which will be perfect.

What else did I do today?  I reorganized the pantry.  It was a big job but it always makes me feel good.    

Sarah sent me a text asking for suggestions of a quick and easy appetizer.  All I could think of was cheese and crackers... she laughed because that's all she could think of, too.  My next thought was cream cheese with a raspberry jalapeno sauce drizzled on top with wheat thins.  Mmm, I haven't had it in a long time and I love it.  I think I need to make it soon!  

Jack put a brisket on the smoker last night and we invited friends over for dinner this evening.  I fixed corn bread casserole, baked beans, and disaster jello.  (It started out lime jello with marshmallows on top.  I planned on letting it set and adding cherry jello on top but unfortunately I didn't let it set long enough and it turned into brown jello.  Someone said it looked like root beer.  ?  Luckily, the boys loved it.)  Everything was delicious!  We even had some burnt ends left over.  Surprise, surprise.  It will be interesting to see if someone decides they are a breakfast food.    

Crazy, busy, productive.  Ahh, finally, I am in the Christmas spirit!  :-)

I need to clean the kitchen, again.  I think if I reload the dishwasher it will be the third load today. We're keeping it busy.  It might have to wait until tomorrow... 


I'm ready for bed but it's too early.  

One of my favorite ornaments.
It's one Mom gave me years ago.
Its lost a few beads around the edges.
Silent Night.

Update:  I made it until 10:00, so I've decided to make another sweet.  Crushed Oreo cookies and covered in almond bark.  
Jack asked if I'm trying to fatten him up... I reminded him I'm making treats to share with the neighbors.  Tomorrow's project is sugar cookies - since the peppermint ones gotten eaten.  I hope I can get the kids to help me frost and decorate!  ?  We shall see!  

Sweet dreams!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment