Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Overwhelmed

What a day!  It was a tough parenting day but it all ended well.  Surviving life with teenagers won't be filled with giggles and gumdrops,  I know that.  It can be manic, frustrating, irritating, annoying, or messy.  Today, I was aggravated and overwhelmed, BUT then I read this...

My promise to my children

For as long as I live I will always be your
parent first.  I will stalk you, flip out on you, lecture you,
drive you insane, be your worst nightmare
and hunt you down like a bloodhound
when I have to, because I love you.  When 
you understand that, I will know you have
become a responsible adult.  You will never
find anyone else in your life who loves,
prays, cares & worries about you more
than I do.  If I don't I'm not doing my job properly.

I read this and smiled.  I found it comforting.  No one ever said it'd be easy.  Lord knows I didn't make it easy on my parents.

---

I came home from school this morning to find a large box had been delivered.  I opened it up to find another box squeezed inside.  It was tricky getting box 2 out, I had to wait until Annie got home for assistance.  

The boxes make Suzy look small.

It's GINORMOUS!
I'm overwhelmed.
It came with an 84 page instruction and recipe manual.
I have no words.

---

Jack's friend, Scott's mother had heart surgery today.  They were replacing a valve and there were complications.  Tried everything, but had to remove life support.  She was a big NASCAR fan.  Jack went to quite a few races with her and Scott.  (Scott, his sister and Mom had season tickets.  His sister traveled frequently, which is why Jack got to go.)  Her surgery had been postponed last week.  His brother, Mike, had a business trip scheduled, and of course, their Mom told him to go.  He tried to get home, but didn't make it back in time.  It's so very sad!  Jack said she was quiet and very nice.  It's such a sad situation.  My thoughts and prayers for comfort surround them now.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment