Friday, December 7, 2012

Audition and rehearsal

Today, I enjoyed a lazy morning with Jack.  He took half a vacation day.  I worked 10-2, which was a nice little change.  Have you ever heard me say I love my job?  Because I do.  :-)

This afternoon Annie had an audition for the musical at school.  On the way to school she told me she was nervous and felt unprepared.  We discussed it a little and I hope I calmed her nerves.  At noon I sent her a text message - just a little pep talk.  At 2:50, the time she gets out of school, I said a prayer for her sweet little heart to be calm.  She's never really had an interest in theater before so it's exciting to see her try new things.  Last summer she and Jake were the main characters in the Vacation Bible School skits but as she told me it's hard to compare.  In any case, she had great stage presence.  She knew her lines.  She gave the character attitude and her own little spin.  When I picked her up she looked exhausted.  I asked how it went and she replied, "I think I did good.  My friends did great.  Even if I don't get a big part there's lots of smaller parts.  I just hope I get to be a brainiac."  :-)  She's so darn cute!  The cast will be posted Monday by 3:00 p.m.  The cast will start table reading immediately.  The musical is High School Musical and the performances will be in early March.   

Sunday is the Christmas Pageant at church.  The kids were asked to help out.  They are both shepherds and get to help wrangle the little ones.  The shepherds planned to rehearse today.  We squeezed it in between other activities.  We were running a little late and got a phone call... the other shepherds had to cancel.  We were only a few blocks from church so went anyway.  As soon as we walked in Elizabeth greeted the kids with hugs.  It warmed my heart.  She was able to give them some guidance and direction, so tomorrow during dress rehearsal they can help more.  It was a good thing.   

Jake playing in pep band tonight for their first basketball game. BVW on the right.  BVSW on the left.  The pep band in the middle.  Jack said, "it's very organized with their trash talking chants."  :-/  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  (Can't we all just be friends?)  The game was tied at the half.  BVSW won.  Jake said, "it was a little bit loud and wild and crazy and fun.  And I liked it, a lot!"  And he was tired!   

We might see some snow this weekend.  I hope so!!!  I am ready.  And we still need to put up lights and decorations outside, so bring it on!   ;-)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment