Sunday, September 30, 2012

2

Yesterday was a day of 2's.

I got up early 2 meet my friend, Sherri, for breakfast.  The 2 of us could have chatted for hours.  I love her!

I was hoping 2 get 2 Topeka by 2:00... we were just a bit behind schedule.

Jack and Dad worked for 2 hours (or more) in the basement, looking for a short in the wiring.  They were unsuccessful.  :-(

We drove 2 Manhattan for DJ and Melissa's reception 2.0.  We were there just over 2 hours.  Here are a few pictures:
A beautiful table 2 welcome you 2 the reception!

Cake #2 - just as pretty as #1.

DJ and his 2 nephews.
I love this picture!
(photo by Julie Kuhlmann)

2 girls trying to decide what to eat first.
Annie and her friend, Grace.

First dance by the happy 2!
(photo by Julie Kuhlmann)

They had a photo booth.  You got 2 strips of pictures and glued one in the book with a message to the couple.  It was fun!  Annie and her friend Grace did it 2 times.


 
2 funny...

Annie and Grace.  (and Jerrod's photo bomb)

We got a call from Jake - finally after not hearing from him for over 24 hours - the band got 2nd Place in Class AA at the Bands of America Regional Championship in Denton, Texas.  He was cold and wet, but happy.  The finals were cancelled due 2 excessive rain and flooding.  


Check back... I will add photos when I get some.

We drove home, stopping 2 deliver Dad at home, picked up Mom's friend Beth and dropped her off at her house on our way out of town.  Beth had come over 2 keep Mom company while we were gone. 

We were all snug in our beds by 11:42 pm.  


----- TODAY -----

The new Youth/Children's Director, Elizabeth, started at church.  Annie really likes her!

Jack and I met with a couple members of the Staff Parish Committee at church.  Jack doesn't think anyone had been so open and honest.  We shared what's in our hearts.  We will still be attending Sunday School and the kids will go to Youth Group, but we have decided to worship elsewhere.  It was a hard conversation.  I cried, more than once.  It's been a tough decision for us but one we are confident is the best thing for our family at this time.           

Jack got the NFL Red Zone package.  He thoroughly enjoyed watching 2, 3, or 4 football games at once.  "It's WAY better than the NFL Sunday ticket for only $5.99 a month!" 

Jake got home much earlier than expected!

  
Here comes the buses!
Yeah!  They're home!!!

Look close - Jake is waving,
and giving me a thumbs up!

 
That's a lot of uniforms,  I sure hope they're dry.
> On the racks and away they go!

One last birthday present, from Leenie,
YEEESSS!
Bread and Butter Pickles!
YUM!

 I am thankful to have my 2 kids home - safe and sound.  It was a busy weekend.  

I think it's time 2 go 2 bed.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment