Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Friday!

I skipped yesterday.  It was Jack's 45th birthday.  Jake had band but the rest of us went out to dinner. The service was terrible.  It was truly a test in patience.  I hope that isn't a glimpse of what this year will hold for Jack.  He didn't want to eat 2/3 of a cake, so I didn't make one.  He LOVES cake.  LOVES IT!  I suggested going to Dairy Queen but he declined.  His parents are coming tomorrow and I just asked if he wanted me to make a cake.  I've gotten no response.  I hope he doesn't decide it sounds good at 10pm when I'm too sleepy start baking.  His birthday wasn't a total loss, he took the morning off and played golf with a couple friends.  It was hot but nice outside.  

I had a great morning, very productive.  Mary was meeting with the Speech and Occupational Therapists, Sarah and Marena.  I have to say these are three awesome women!  So smart!  SO creative!  I am lucky to work with such talent!  Oh, and I love Katie, too!  I don't think she'd ever read this, but I don't want to leave her out.  Katie is the other para in our room, working on her Masters Degree and also student teaching in the afternoon.  She's one busy girl!

I read today that after 25 years stainless steel appliances are on the way out of style.  (eye roll)  Retro is back "in".   Seriously?  Orange, gold or green appliances?  Yuck!  I'll just wait patiently until stainless is back in.  :-)

I learned something today.  I took my first screen shot picture on my iPhone.  It looks kinda wonky.  It says 'What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet.'  It made my heart smile.

Annie is busy writing a story with her friends.  None of them are together but they are working on it collaboratively via webchat.  It's via a website they use in school.  Each person has a different color.  How cool is that?  Crazy cool!

Jake is at a football game with friends.  :-)

Happy kids, happy Mom and Dad!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment