Saturday, September 22, 2012

Jake's birthday celebration begins

I'm not as computer savvy as I use to be.  Today, I finally figured out how to change the time from Pacific to Central time zone.  Yeah me!  I had someone text me and ask why I was so tired last night?  "Your blog posted at 8:43pm - that's not late."  Ha ha, very funny! 
---
Yesterday afternoon my parents drove over to watch Jake march after the football game and celebrate his birthday.  They didn't get away as soon as they'd hoped.  I didn't realize that when I got a text from Jake saying he had to be back to school at 3:59, instead of 4:30, so I offered to pick him up rather than have him ride the bus home - so he could spend some time with his Grandparents.  Feeling the pressure of time I opted to pick Annie up early from school.  We drove out to pick up Jake, only to wait for almost 10 minutes before we saw him run around the corner.  We left just in time to get stuck in the masses of traffic and buses leaving the school.  Blah!  And I thought elementary and middle school traffic was bad?  It's nothing!  I practiced my deep breathing and we were home before my folks arrived.  I made Jake some food for his always hungry belly.  Dad settled into a spot on the couch as soon as he arrive for his overdue afternoon nap.  Mom rode along with me to drop off Jake.  She was shocked at the size of his school.  

Jack got home from golf and we ate his delicious chili for dinner.  This batch was a little spicy - but so good!  

Here are a few pictures of the rest of our evening... 

 
< Mom and Dad at the game - great seats, a row from the top!
> Jake passing by before half time: Homecoming crowning.

  
 < Annie stopped by to say "hi".
> Dad got disgusted in the 3rd quarter.  Mom pretending she's not in the picture.

 
< Jake's on the move again.
> 2nd overtime... it went into a 3rd overtime before we lost 38-35.
Dad said something about seeing enough football to last him until next year.

During the show - after the game.
Jake's Grandparents were very impressed!

We had originally planned to eat cake when Jake got home.  We got home at 10:23pm.  By 10:30 Jack was too sleepy to stay up and wait for Jake.  At 10:45pm I sent my parents to bed.  They were beyond pooped.  It was WAY past their bedtime.  I had Jake's phone, so I sent a message to the family we carpool with at 11:29pm asking if she'd seen the boys since she was picking them up (they kids bused back to the school, where they help unload the trucks).   Jake finally got home at 11:41pm.  (WAY past MY bedtime!) 

And today, after breakfast, we celebrated Jake's birthday with strawberry shortcake!

  
< A very tired Jake enjoying the musical candle his Grandma brought.
> Make a wish!

 
< Jake carefully cutting the angel food pound cake.  (lol!)
> Dad and Jack enjoyed it, too!

Jake took care of what was left of the strawberries!
YUM!

We made time for a few games of cards before they had to leave.

Mom took Dad out by the high school after they left.  They drove around it and talked about how big it was.  Then they took the scenic route home and enjoyed the beautiful day.


 
Jack worked in the yard today.  
< Look what he dug up.  A HUGE piece of concrete!
> It left an even huger hole that he filled in.

 
Jack mowed.  Jack verticut.  And verticut again.  And mowed, again.
< Here is Cody, our very excited neighbor, verticutting his yard.
(Cody loves his yard and doing yard work!  He'd never verticut before.)
> Jack mowing, the 3rd times charm.
*Ignore the reflection of my phone in the upper left corner.

The kids were supposed to have a lock in tonight.  It got cancelled.  :-(  Bummer!  

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment