Monday, September 3, 2012

Until we meet again

Last night the kids, Sarah and I enjoyed a few of Sarah's home videos.  Addy's first time sledding - a disaster.  Sarah was minus one glove from the start and totally out of control.  Poor Addy Bea got snow all over her face.   Roger's family snow day dance parties.  Sarah's Hammer pants and Matt's robot moves.  We all laughed until we cried.  I don't think any of us wanted it to end.   

We were up early and left ahead of schedule.  What a fun, relaxing, entertaining weekend!   I'm holding tight to the fact that we will see them again in 11 days! 
Bye!
Sarah's "allergies" were bothering her,
or maybe she just had a little something in her eyes.
xo

Suzy needed a window seat - so she joined me for part of the trip.

 
Shortcut scenery,
cloudly but beautiful!

Our trip was a bit of a family affair.  We passed my brother-in-law, Dave, at Kansas mile marker 97.5.  He was on his way out to see Sarah for a few days.  We were like two passing ships  - lights blinking and waving like crazy.  We stopped at DJ's to pick up over 90 pounds of brisket that Jack and I will be preparing for his upcoming wedding.  Jack will be taking his smokers and cooking the meat the night before the wedding.  We were there long enough for Suzy and Bella to have a little scuffle - they'd never met before and both are a bit dominant.  Silly dogs.  We stopped by my folks house in Topeka to get a few items that Marlene had left for us for brisket prep.  I think they enjoyed our quick stop.  We missed Marlene by a few minutes but she is crazy busy right now and I pray she will ask for help if she needs it.  (hint, hint!  Love you!)

Sarah said, Addy was exhausted and down for a nap before noon.  I felt bad because she was up earlier than normal today, too.  And yesterday her nap was short.  I don't think she wanted to miss anything... too much attention to receive.  ;-)

We learned that Annie can be a very grumpy bug when we interrupt her reading time.  I decided it was just a case of the Monday's, which made Jack laugh.  Once she finished her book she was her happy-go-lucky self.  

After we left Topeka we had a dance party in the truck.  I'm not sure Jack had been with us when it's a full blown, crazy event.  He was a bit of a party pooper and didn't bust out any of his awesome moves since he was "driving!"  Hm, it's never stopped me.  Haha!  The kids took video and used up all the remaining space on my phone.  The portion Jake filmed made me car sick just watching - I think he was going for the "full effect".  Annie thought it was hilarious.  Annie did a good job of getting all of us, and the time spent on the back of Jack's un-moving head made us all laugh.  

 
< WHAT is Jake doing?!  I have no idea.
I think he'd spent too much time in the truck.
Suzy was not amused.
> Backseat random craziness.

Sarah said, Matt has his Mom "all packed up already" and they will "leave first thing in the morning!"  Please pray for safe travels as they drive from Michigan.  It will be a long journey but hopefully fun.

No rest for the weary.  Jack has a fantasy football draft tonight.  His time at home was long enough to unpack the truck and get the brisket tucked safely into the garage fridge.  Jake mowed the lawn and collected the trash.  Tomorrow is trash day.  Annie and I unpacked and I made a grocery list.  We have milk so I will make that run tomorrow after school.

I am so thankful that we are able to travel!  Until we meet again dear one, I love you all so much!

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment