Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Some days

From Finding Nemo
Squirt: Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it. 
Marlin: It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it. 

[to Squirt

Marlin: Look, you're really cute, but I can't understand what you're saying. Say the first thing again.   

(Hmmm.)
I wish I had read this before I left the house this morning.


Sometimes trying to decipher what a 3 year old is communicating is near insanity!  Don't be afraid to ask another 3 year old for help.  They often speak the same language.  If all else fails, nod and say, "oh really!?"  It usually works.   



Sometimes trying to decipher a teenagers fragmented sentences is also close to insanity.  However, with teenagers it requires much more patience trying to fill in the blanks and some amount of mind reading.  Whatever you do, don't ask too many questions, they can become frustrated or angry without warning and your chances of bringing them back are almost zero.  Under no circumstances nod to a teenager, unless you know exactly what you have just agreed to!



Some days I'm good at both.  Some days I'm good at neither.  



Today, I felt a lot like Marlin.  I was left wide eyed and scratching my head more than a few times.

(Hmmff!)  



From Finding Nemo

Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? 
Marlin: No I don't wanna know. 
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. 
Marlin: Dory, no singing. 
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. 
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head. 
Dory: Sorry. 


Fear not, I was not a Ms. Grumpy Gills.  When I wasn't swimming in circles I enjoyed a chat with Sarah.  And I went down to Harrisonville and had fun hunting through "stuff" with Sue and Lauren.  One of the places we went was similar to "The Barn" in Castle Rock.  I bought a window.  It was too good of a deal to pass up and Pinterest has so many cute ideas.  I have been looking for a spice rack that Annie could turn into a nail polish display.  I found something that will be awesome, after a bit of paint and tweaking.  

Here are the before pictures:
 

I went to the high school for a quick meeting.  I have to say the band parents have great ideas.  One thing they do is provide the band members with treats before each big performance.  We taped bags of treats to each locker - 126 in all.  I signed up to help before their last performance at the end of October; along with another Mom.  We are going to make something - cookies or brownies.  At least that was our thoughts tonight.  

 I got home in time to watch Parenthood.  It's one of my favorite shows.  I won't discuss it and risk spoiling it for anyone but I will say I was left in tears.  

Sleep tight!

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment