Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Where's the birthday boy?

Jake got up early... we had saved his cards to open today.  
 
and one last present.

I didn't get a single picture of him with his eyes open.

He it was barely light out when he walked to the bus stop.  I took him lunch.  One of the teachers said "NO outside food!  Only special occasions!"  Jake said he it made him really nervous and mumbled, "but it's my birthday."   The teacher quickly smiled and said "oh, ok then!"  

Jake joined German Club and had a meeting after school.  He didn't have any idea how long it would last.  I called him at a bit before 4pm.  After only one ring he whisper whined "MOM, I'm still in the meeting!"  Then he hung up.  It made me giggle.  I sent him a message suggesting I bring him food since it didn't make sense for him to come home for a few minutes and leave again.  He said, "that meeting was SO LONG!"  I frowned and asked, "did you like it?"  He said, "Oh YEAH, we have meetings once a month!  And an Octoberfest event coming up!"  ?  All righty then!  :-)  We sat in the car for a little bit longer.  He had a good day.  I hope I get to see him before 8:45pm... he's got homework!

So, here we sit with lemon bars and ice cream log and no birthday boy.  I know he's going to be hungry when he gets home.  But I'm not sure I can wait until then to cut into either one!

Annie has been having allergies.  She's hooked on a computer game called Mindcraft.  I think mostly boys play it, but she loves it.  

Jack got to see a flash mob today during a United Way event at work over lunch.  He said it was pretty cool.  He was really really excited when I told him there was ice cream cake in the freezer.  Uh oh, that was a mistake!  Now it's going to be a challenge keeping him out of it before Jake gets home.   ;-)

My Mom had knee replacement surgery today.  All went well, but please pray for a strength and a quick recovery.  

I FOUND HIM!  He got home at 8:15pm.

 
< One more for the record books!
> And a final wish.
:-)

We ate cake!  He did homework.  We watched Parenthood together - he wasn't ready for his birthday to be over.  And he was curious to see if I was going to cry.  :-)

Blessings to all!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment