Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Migration Begins

I'm so excited!  The wedding migration has begun!

I called my parents at 8:00am this morning and no one was home.  They had already left for Marlene's before heading on West and North.  They were stopped in route to help the nervous groom pack up his bride.  She had too much stuff and not enough room, so Grandma and Grandpa saved the day and took what they could.  At Marlene's Mom helped complete some of the final love birds mates and Dad took a nap.  Marlene had advised him that Mom would not be available to drive since more projects were to follow and complete on the road.  I'm not sure if there was a parade of cars with the groom and his gang and the bride and her attendants, but I'm sure that would have been a sight to behold.  :-)  Sarah and Matt also began their trek Eastward after they picked up Addy Bea from school.  I don't think Patrick and his family will be leaving until tomorrow but they will be arriving before us.  I can't wait to see everyone!  

I've completed everything that I could think of to put on my to-do list today.  Tomorrow I will have a new list.  I'm not worried, I've got it all under control AND my eyebrows are freshly shaped and gray hairs are nicely hidden.
It's finally darker!
I like it, A LOT!
And it looks like my part might be a bit pink!?

Tonight the Performing Arts department at the high school had a fundraiser called Picnic in the Park.  Hm.  It was renamed Picnic in the PAC (Performing Arts Center) due to rain.  Oh, and please leave your picnic at home because no food is allowed in the PAC.  It didn't really make sense because they were selling desserts and beverages in the hallway.  I'm not arguing, I'm just telling it like it is.  The band played first.  OH MY GOODNESS!  I found myself holding back tears more than once.  I had chills.  I was overwhelmed.  Jake called it a mini-drill because even though they were on stage their feet were in constant motion.  AMAZING.  And they were LOUD!  I'm not sure how often they play inside but WOW, LOUD!  It was truly awesome!  We caught a glimpse of Jake as we stood clapping along with most of the audience after it ended.  I smiled bigger and clapped louder.  I'm so proud of him!  
Sorry this picture is blurry.
It's only a half the band.
Jake was the 1st tuba on the right.

We only stayed until Jake called to say he was ready to go.  We got to watch a bit of the improv group.  They were PDF - pretty darn funny!  I wish we could have spent the evening enjoying all the different group but Jack has over 90 pounds of brisket to trim.

The storms had passed but the sky way 
kind of creepy tonight with low clouds.
It looked as though they were glowing in the dark.
I know, it's light reflecting but creepy!

Jack didn't waste any time.  He's hard at work trimming the fat... 
 
and separating the flat from the point.

AND NOW...
It's all nicely wrapped (most by me) and set in the fridge 
ready for tomorrows journey.

I am not taking my laptop - so there won't be any new posts for a few days.  I promise to take lots of pictures!  

Prayers for travel mercies would be appreciated.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment