Monday, October 1, 2012

A few smiles and a frown

One little girl in my class came running up to me outside before school, gave me a huge hug and said, "I never thought I'd see you again!"  It was sweet.  And nice to know I was missed. 


Just after the final bell Annie learned that her good friend, Grace, will be moving to Chicago at the end of the year.  Needless to say her group of friends was devastated.  Bless her heart, Annie tried to be strong.  She did a great job until she got into the car and we were far enough away that no one would see.  Even then she tried to hide her tears.  I told her there is nothing wrong with crying.  She said one of her friends couldn't hold her emotions together and cried elephant tears.  "Seriously, Mom, she had the biggest tears I've ever seen!"  That made her smile, but just for a moment.  I am glad they have months to get use to the idea.     

Tonight, was the Blue Valley District Marching Exhibition.  WOW!  As soon as it was over I felt like I was in sensory overload.  Each band had something unique to offer and I always wanted to watch the band, the flag girls and the percussion pit or drum line all at once.  At one point I could have sworn I could feel my eye balls going in circles, independently and in opposite directions.  It makes me excited and nervous for the upcoming competitions.  Should anyone find me sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth and sucking my thumb, please find Jack.  (Thanks!)  

Jack just watched this... it's too good not to share.

iPhone 5 Paradoy Ad: a taller change.

Happy Monday!  Sweet dreams!

xo



  

No comments:

Post a Comment