Sunday, October 28, 2012

Odessa Invitational

I hope I can do this in quick order.  I apologize in advance for my errors in grammar or spelling.  It's late and I'm tired.

On the way to Odessa I had a new light appear on my dashboard.  It said CHECK BRAKE PADS!  Hmm.  That's a new one.  And all the others have been fixed.  :-(  Jack was amazed at the German engineering.  He had just checked them recently and thought they looked ok, so this code surprised him.  I guess he'll be missing football tomorrow afternoon while he works on my car.  (His words, not mine!)

We arrived in Odessa to find the trucks were already unloaded.  I'm not sure if Jack does this by design or if it's just bad timing.  ;-)  I'm kidding.  He was surprised.

I gave Jake some cold medicine and he ate some dinner.  He was feeling pretty punky this morning.  I was a little worried he might not make it, but he did.  Gotta give him props for that!  

We were the first to compete in the Red division.  I have to say all the bands I watched did a great job. I felt so sorry for the guy that fell down - not from our school.  Jake said he made a couple mistakes, but only one was noticeable to me.  And it was minor.

BVW Red and Silver Brigade was named Champions in our division and our Color Guard received top honors of all the bands.  Woo Hoo!  What a great way to end the season!

Another parent took lots of pictures tonight.  I didn't take any during the performance.  I wanted to sit and enjoy it.  I will upload some when I can.

Here are a few others from our day.

Annie enjoying a good book
in a warm car
before heading out into the cold.

We witnessed a beautiful sunset.

BVW band watching and waiting.

 
Drum Major / Color Guard Manager Awards Ceremony
< every Drum Major needs a fancy dance!
> standing proud behind their two awards.

Annie and Jack had a little fun.
I love this picture.
(Annie does not.)

 
< We he first got home, feeling icky, hungry and tired.
> grilled cheese and hot chocolate helped.

But kettle corn did the trick.
What a messy eater.  ;-)

My niece Heidi Jo played volleyball for the State title today and came in 2nd place.  They entered the tourney as the 7th seed and made it to the State finals!  Woo hoo!  Great job, ladies!  
Heidi is in the blue jersey.

Sleep tight!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment