Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday Fun Day!

Yeah!  No school!  What do we do first?  SLEEP IN!  I'd forgotten what it felt like.  I know, I know, that sounds crazy.  And it wasn't like I spent all morning in bed... I woke up a little after 8:00.  (kinda sad, huh?)  

Jake and his friend, Jack were up earlier than I expected.  They had fun playing a game called Mindcraft on Xbox.  It's not usually a violent game. It's a game about where each person places blocks to build anything they can imagine.  At night monsters and zombies come out and each player has tools to defend themself.  I'm not sure how it happened but I found myself saying something I never imagined... "friends don't hit friends with axes."  Of course, the boys both thought it was hilarious.  

I surprised the kids with real bacon.   As good as it smelled the amount of grease produced was disgusting.  It's official, I prefer turkey bacon. 

Both kids needed a couple new warm shirts before the cold weather arrives.  I took them shopping and let them wander.  Jake returned with one pair of sweats.  Annie took an arm full into the dressing room and returned with one top (I wouldn't say it was particularly warm but she promised to layer), a pair of knee socks and a pair of gloves - and   ?  Yes, I was surprised.  Wouldn't you be?

Tonight was the last home football game, Senior Night and half time performance.  It was COLD!  Jake wore an extra layer on top but he really needed one on the bottom too.  I came prepared and still got chilly.  I found it a great opportunity to determine what I will need to for tomorrow nights even colder performance.  Jake will have many layers - as will Jack, Annie and I.  Here are a few pics...
Jack schlepping the front wall.
He lead the charge pulling the cart.

And not far behind,
the rest of the pit and band.

Working fast...
He has no preference - front wall or tarp.

Due to time limits
the band started at the beginning of part 2.

During the show...

Jake is  in the front corner.

Jack stayed until the end.  Final score:  Blue Valley West 45 - Blue Valley 21.  :-)  

Annie got to stay warm and went to a party at a friends house.  I'm glad she's social!

Stay well, stay warm and enjoy the changing weather!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment