Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ugh!

The allergies/sickness turned out to be sickness.  My throat pain woke me up in the night and it felt like it was on fire.  I woke up this morning with my voice a few octaves lower, a bad cough and my throat still on fire.  I drank some cold water, took some pain reliever and hoped for the best.  I got ready and went to school.  I was there exactly 15 minutes.  Ugh!  I slept most of the day away.

Jack has been fighting a painful finger.  He had a hang nail and I was convinced there was still a bit of nail in there.  Today he went to the health center on campus. After a couple shots of novocaine and 10 minutes it wasn't numb enough so they had to give one more right next to the spot.  YOWCH!  It was quite infected.  They cleaned it out and wrapped it up.  Jack was late to a meeting so took a shortcut through the rain, down a little hill.  Unfortunately momentum wasn't on his side and his pretty white bandages were covered in mud - as was his backside.  (I laughed as he told me of his adventure.)  He was late to his meeting because he went back to get his finger re-wrapped. 
Ouch!
He's now taking horse pill sized antibiotics for the next 10 days.

Tomorrow is a new day.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment