Friday, April 19, 2013

teenagers

I follow a couple blogs...

This one was just too good not to share.

http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/

Meg is awesome.  She loves God.  She has FIVE kids.  Five!  Yikes.  She lives on a farm near Newton, Kansas.  I can't even remember how I found her, but she is so real and full of wisdom.  I find so many similarities, specifically sleeplessness.  But mines not from worry, right now.  I don't know how I can be so tired and still unable to stay asleep?  

(deep sign)

God and I love my kids.  (And you and your kids.)  And he's not done with any of us yet.  We are all works in progress.  I'm certain there are days when God looks at me and asks 'WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SO HARD?'  I've said it a time or two myself lately - about parenthood.  But all too soon my teenagers will be gone and I will be sad and miss them terribly.  So, I will find a way to appreciate where I'm at... hug them tight, kiss them goodnight and good morning.  Love them through it all.

xo    


No comments:

Post a Comment