Saturday, April 20, 2013

It's a start

Today was the day.  The day to get my hands dirty and start...   

Jake helped by clearing some of the rocks and bulbs out of the flower bed. 

I trimmed the bushes and magnolia tree.  

Jack helped, too.


I did quite a number on the red barberry bush next to the big rock. 
Every few years I trim it back to almost nothing.
And it always comes back strong and beautiful.

I still have a lot of work to do.  I want to tear out all the plants.  The grape hyacinth has gotten out of control.  I'm saving all the bulbs - wowza, does anyone want/need any?  I have plenty to share.  I don't see much of the clematis coming back, yet.  Maybe it's too early and cold still.  I will wait a little longer.  It's one of my favorites and I would love to save it.  I am really excited to get this project started.  I'm not exactly sure what I want to put in... there are so many choices.  

We had a great visit with our neighbors to the east, Cody and Sam.  They had some dirt and LOTs of plants and trees dropped off today.  Jake get a shovel and helped out.  They are wanting the back yard to look like Colorado. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.  They are also thinking of putting in a fire pit, which we will all be excited to see.

Jack grilled flank steak for dinner.  It was delicious!

This week at school our theme is Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, so I brought home a little homework.
Coloring!
It's my favorite!!
I'm serious.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment