Thursday, April 18, 2013

a little pew

Yesterday, I was looking for a kitchen table on Craigslist.  I don't need a new kitchen table.  I don't, but I was thinking I might want a round one.  I typed kitchen table in the search box and the first thing that popped up was a church pew.  !  ?  It made me laugh.  I've always wanted a pew.  SO, of course, I HAD to look at it.  It was small and cute and I could picture it in my entry way.  But, I didn't call on it.  And if your wondering, I didn't look at any kitchen tables.

Today, Sarah and I were chatting.  She was looking through a catalog and trying to find something for their entryway.  She sent me this picture and said, "cute right?"  
Super cute.

And the bench looks a little familiar, doesn't it!?  I started thinking about that little pew again.  I told Sarah about it and told her where I wanted to put it.  She asked what I was going to do with my white bench... ???  :-)  I'm taking it to her when the kids and I go out in June.  Perfect for everyone.

Jack and I drove down to Hillsdale and picked it up tonight.  And the little pew has a new home.  
I love it!
:-)

I read something recently that said, when you buy pieces for your home make sure it makes a statement and says something about who you are or where you come from.  I think this little pew says a lot.  And I'm so thankful it found it's way to me.

Please continue to pray... for West, Texas and Boston... for Renee, her Dad and her family... Matt, Annie and their boys... and for our world.  

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment