Sunday, July 8, 2012

This is the day...

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?  Hmm.  I daily thank God for my family - all of them, near and far.  Is that good enough or do I need to name names?  I'm trying to remember to be thankful for even the smallest things, like ice.  There is nothing better than an ice cold glass of water on a hot day.  The perfect thirst quencher!  It made sense in my head but as I type it it seems so superficial.  (Just what's on my mind...)

I'm feeling a bit scatter-brained right now.  I just realized the youth don't have anyone bringing dinner tonight, so I scanned the cabinets.  I'll finish with cake, they always like cake.  I sent Jack to pick up a few things.  It'll be fine.  Jake and Annie have to be at church early, of course, to practice VBS skits and I have to organize and set up, too.  So, now my time is really limited and what do I do?  Escape to the computer (of course) to pound out some of my stress!  I am thankful for this new outlet.  

It's going to be a crazy week but I'm looking forward to it.  Vacation Bible School!  In addition to being in the opening and closing skits Jake will be helping with recreation and Annie will be assisting me with crafts.  One thing for certain... we will all be tired and I will hopefully get a few good nights of sleep.  Aw, sleep, I miss you!

Ok, time to frost the cake and do a sample craft project!  Wish me luck!

Update:  8:22 pm
Finished craft project - Sharpie tye dye.  I think the VBS kids are going to love it as much as Annie! :-)

Sleepy, going to bed early!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment