Monday, July 23, 2012

Kids

JAKE
 is spending a few days with Uncle Dave and Aunt Leenie.  F-U-N!
 This speak no evil monkey will be coming home with him.

I got this picture after lunch.  All it said was, "YUM!"  
What a happy face!

ANNIE  
I think she's getting tired of my camera... but I love this picture!

Annie and I ran errands today.
We saw a Shlotzsky's delivery van - it said 'just hauling buns.'  
We laughed.  A lot!  I'm not sure why it's so funny, but it still gives me a giggle.

I'm going to get my haircut... maybe short... I can't decide.

Evening update... Annie went with me to get my haircut.  I got out of the car and there was a straw colored praying mantis sitting on the tire of the car next to mine.  I took a closer look because it was such a strange color.  It flew straight at me!  I ran away screaming.  Annie laughed.  Annie decided she wanted to take a closer look, brave girl.  She said, "we need to embrace nature!  And I haven't seen one in a while."  The praying mantis was now under the car.  She started to crouch down and... it flew straight for her!  So what happened next?  Annie ran away screaming!  And I laughed.  We both turned to look at it and I honestly think it was trying to attack us.  We BOTH ran away screaming.  The heat must be making it angry.  !?  We were both filled with nervous laughter walking into the store.  I only got a trim.  I was tempted to get a shag, but that's too drastic for right now - I need enough to put it back in a pony tail.  We were very nervous walking back out to the car... I was hugging Annie despite the temp.  Thankfully, there was no sign of the angry insect.

Annie and I are going to paint our nails now.  We got a tiny free sample of OPI pinkie pink.  I don't know if that's what it's called but that's what Annie called it.  I'm curious to see if it will be enough to paint all 10 toes.  I have to say, I love a challenge!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment