Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Are you ready for some baseball?

Tonight is the All-Star Baseball game!  Who gets to go?  Not me.  BUT Jack's friend Scott got tickets and his son is at Boy Scout camp SOO, lucky Jack!  The kids didn't think too much of it, until they realized there was a swag bag waiting with a shirt in every seat.  (What can I say, we Diemer's like free stuff!)  I was secretly hoping they'd be bad seats - real nose bleeders, but no.  Third base side just past the visitors dug out - row U.  (Probably very close to the spot where Scott, my brother, and I were hands up for a foul ball and the man behind us spilled his beer all over us and got the ball.  We were mad and smelly.  I remember turning around and giving that jerk a dirty look.  I was in 2nd, maybe 3rd grade.)  The kids are I are going to a party at the Jensen's house - friend's from church.  We are all looking forward to it.

We had another great day at VBS!  Here is a picture of the kids as Hunter and Madi - along with Kamalei.
Jake and Annie have received many compliments... and they're having fun, bonus!  The children were WiLd and CrAzY today!  I entertained one group, the Frogs, with a thunderstorm.  You know tapping on the table with one finger, then 2, 3, 4, whole hands, then pounding then backwards to one.  I was amazed - it was just the distraction they needed, even the wildest boy was calmed a bit.  They made bookmarks and got sticky decoupaging! It was service project day and I switched two crafts around at the last minute having oldest group do the sewing and I'm so glad I did.  I was shocked how much they struggled.  We will continue it and hopefully finish it tomorrow.  We made bookmarks, crayon rolls and tote bags.  When completed with additional supplies and craft material - the totes will go to kids in IHN (Interfaith Hospitality Network).

An hour and a half until the first pitch... time to make sticky popcorn.  I can't go to a party empty handed! 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment