Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Red Bench

When I was a kid and company would come over for dinner my Mom would pull out the piano bench.  At one end of the table two people would share the bench.  Typically, me and someone else.  It always worked well.  When my kids outgrew their high chair, then Little Tykes table and chairs, I got a red bench.  It's about the same size as the old piano bench of my youth.  Jake and Annie have shared the red bench for the last 10 years, maybe more.  But, as children do, the kids are growing.  Jake is taller than me.  Annie... well, Annie hasn't grown much in the last two years but now she just requires more room.  Today the red bench found a new home.  Our table of six is now a table for four.  I'm a little sad.  Another milestone I wasn't ready to make, however the sibling squabbles for space I can do without.  It should be noted I haven't actually let the bench go, it will come out again when needed, but its found a new home within my house.  That bench holds to many memories... too many cherished moments... I can't let it go.  

Annie and I spent the better part of an hour looking through pictures this morning.  Here are some of our favorites...

 Annie hated this dance recital dress, age 4.  NOW, she thinks it's adorable!

Jake, age 7, and his hamster, Fred.

Jack and the kids at Heritage Square in Denver.  We LOVE alpine slides!

Annie and her beloved Chlena.  <3

 
And Suzy Q - "Oh Mom!  She looks so little!  So adorable!" Taken in April of 2003.

It's Mother's Day!  Or at least that's what the kids and I are celebrating tonight.  We are going to Starlight Theater to see Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby.  As soon as I heard the production was coming I said that's all I wanted for Mother's Day.  When the kids were little we had a VHS of the Broadway show.  The kids loved it.  I loved it!  And now we're going to see it!  I'm SO excited!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Aww LOVE these pics! Hope you guys have a fab Mother's Day tonight at the show! xoxo

    ReplyDelete