Saturday, July 7, 2012

Let your faith be bigger than your fears


Today was HOT!  The thermometer in Jack’s truck read 131 degrees.  Hmmm.  I’m thinking there might have been other issues than just the tremendous heat.  My car read 108 and the thermometer in the kitchen window read 113 – but it’s in direct sunlight.  We desperately need rain, even the trees look like they’re withering.  Ok, enough about the weather.  That is NOT what I had in mind when I decided to start a blog.

Yesterday, Annie and I took an adventure to a unique shop that is only open the first weekend of every month.  It’s called Good Ju Ju, www.goodjujukc.com   It is classified as an Antique Store but it is truly extraordinary!  Annie found a cute little iron turtle that followed us home and I found a great housewarming gift for my niece, Sarah and her husband, Matt.  Ok, I made Sarah choose.  What was life like before text messaging and picture mail?  I can hardly remember.  I’m so so happy she was able to pick out something special.  

Today was a lazy, mixed up day.  Jack was up early and off to the golf course.  The kids and I slept in and stayed in our pajamas until he got home.  It was AWESOME!  I made pancakes for brunch and all the meals of the day were at strange times.  Jack and the kids went out for Thai food while I went shoe shopping with my friend, Lisa.  I don’t know if I’ve ever been to Von Maur clearance shoe room and not found at least one pair to bring home.  I sent Annie a picture titled "JUST YOUR SIZE!" and asked if she wanted to go back later...
her response was “yes yes we must.”  When I got home she opted for a trip to the library rather than going shoe shopping.  !?  “Maybe tomorrow, Mom.”  (blank stare, blink, blink)  Well then, off to the library we go!  Annie walked out with four new books – novels.  It would take me a week or two to get through four books but not Annie.  I’m sure she’ll have the first one done by tomorrow because as soon as we got home she went to her favorite reading spot.  If you are looking for a good book, Annie would highly recommend www.goodreads.com

Ahh… a cold front just came through and gave us a few very large drops of rain.  Annie is with friends until 9:30.  Jack and Jake are at the pool.  I’m going to enjoy the quiet and watch  “Under the Tuscan Sun” – I have forgotten what it’s like to watch a movie without interruption! 

Ok, well, I did it!  I can’t promise I’ll post every day but I’ll do my best.  

Blessings! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment