Monday, July 9, 2012

Banana Split Party / VBS

First read this... http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/09/12646528-little-boy-who-inspired-banana-split-parties-dies?lite?ocid=twitter

A month ago - it was the first day of summer actually, Jake and I were the only ones home and after hearing about Ryan Roberts decided to have banana splits for dinner.  I uploaded a picture of Jake and put it on their Facebook page.  Now as I think about how much love was shown to this little boy - how many smiles he unknowingly shared with the world - what a blessing!  Rest in peace sweet boy, Ryan.  And may God bless your family, especially as they grieve.


I will think of Ryan's sweet smile every time I eat a banana split... what a wonderful way to be remembered!  I will do my best to remember to continue having banana splits for dinner at least once a year!  It might have to be a new first day of summer tradition!


-----


Vacation Bible School made for a long, LONG afternoon.  I was on my feet from 12:25 until 5:07.  Jake and Annie did a great job in the opening and closing skits as Hunter and Madi.  And the children all enjoyed crafts - yeah.  I didn't think I was that tired but Annie said I looked exhausted and my face was red and sweaty (God love her honesty).  Jake helped with recreation and looking at him I could only imagine what my face must look like.  He was drenched - from water not sweat - and red faced and completely dishevelled.  BUT he was sitting with his friend Andrew and had a big grin on his face. Maybe I was missing the smile.  ?  I'll never know.  My mind was already working on tomorrows plans and prep work... I need to work on being present.


(Deep sigh)  Life is good!  :-)
  








No comments:

Post a Comment