Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Holding down the fort.

I'm holding down the fort.  Jack has had a very successful trip and I look forward to his return.  The kids are good.  Jake told me today that CA (Communication Arts or English as it was called when I was in school) might be one of his favorite classes this semester.  I was so happy to hear that!  Annie has yet to have any homework... but then again I rarely see her do any.  She seems to use her time wisely at school.  I love that quality and hope it continues.    

I was so disappointed today when Jake told me his driving schedule for Driver's Ed.  Not only are they set for three consecutive Sundays, but from 10:40 a.m. until 12:20 p.m.!  ?  I hadn't said that time wasn't available because I made the huge mistake of assuming Sunday mornings weren't an option.  I asked if there was any way to change it and Jake already had.  The answer was no.  Live and learn, I suppose.  

We changed the drop off and pick up arrangements at my school this week.  We now enter and exit through the main entrance of the school, rather than the outside door in our classroom.  It was been a tough adjustment for some, but after three days I think I'm gonna like it.  I was really surprised (and a bit sad) when one little girl announced today that she knew why, and said "the guy with the gun."  I told her, "it's safer and we want everyone to be safe."  The kids have really enjoyed having outside recess the last three days.  They did a much better job today staying out of the mud.  :-)     

The first night I slept like a rock.  Last night I was awake more than asleep.  I hope I get some rest tonight.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment