Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hi ho, hi ho...

it's back to work we go.  Jack was moved to a different building and a new desk set up over the holiday.  The walls are shorter, he has less storage space, he was not looking forward to it.  From what he'd told me it's made me think of the bull pen from WKRP.  That might not be what they called it, but for some reason that's what came to my mind.  He thought it would be noisy and it wasn't as bad as expected.  I don't know if they're trying to encourage working from home.  ?  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  

As for me?  We were supposed to have staff development meetings this morning, but those were delayed until this afternoon so teachers could work on grade cards that are due tomorrow.  We had many projects in the classroom so the time flew by.  I am looking forward to seeing our little ones tomorrow.  I had told Jake and Annie we could go out to lunch, but both were still in their pajamas when I called and asked if I could bring it home to them.  (Hm!  Well, I felt a little jilted but ok.)  As it turned out I ate leftovers, so I just grabbed them a little something.  I was relieved to come home to smiles from happy kids and not bruises and screaming.  I think they actually got along pretty well this morning.  Yeah!

Annie didn't want to get out of her pj's, so we didn't do anything to celebrate the last day of Christmas break.  Jake still has two more finals tomorrow, so he studied and practiced his tuba.  

Tonight, Jake had pep band.  It seemed a bit crazy to have a basketball game before school was back in session but none the less Jack and I worked the concession stand.  Band parents are in charge during bball season and we were strongly encouraged to give time to the cause because that is how the PTO decides which clubs/groups get grant money next year.  Our shift was S L O W!  We went in and watched half of the girls varsity game after our shift was finished.  I wouldn't mind working every game.  It was kind of fun.
There were more parents in the crowd than students.

The band looked a little lonely.
And can you see something a bit out of place in this photo?
For some reason one of the basketball goals didn't get raised.

Jake is standing on the top row.
I am so glad he continues to LOVE band!

I got an email from a friend from church today...
This picture was taken Feb. 14, 2007 at Indian Valley Elementary.
Neither one of us remembered I was a para in her sons preschool class.
I was the only one he recognized.
What a fun surprise!
What a blast from the past!

I got an unexpected gift from my Dad yesterday.  He had ordered some slippers for Mom, but they didn't fit her.  Luckily, they fit ME perfectly.  I wore them all afternoon yesterday.  And I put them on as soon as I got home.  I wore them today for a while, too.  I think my toes are in love.  I always have cold feet.  And hands.  Particularly cold when I get in bed.  I like to put my little ice cube toes on Jack for warmth.  That was not the case last night, my feet and hands were toasty warm.  I seriously love these slippers!
Thanks Dad!

Me and my toasty toes are going to bed on time, tonight.  Sweet dreams.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment