Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday = Parenthood!

For a family that really doesn't "do" drama.  It's kinda funny that we all sit down and watch a tv drama called Parenthood on Tuesday nights.  It's drama personified!  While I don't really like the kids watching intimate scenes, Jack made us all laugh when he said, "I think they're going to pray."  (Please don't misunderstand - we aren't letting our kids watch something inappropriate, we have and do pause the tv and fast forward through parts at time.)  BUT it is a gateway to many discussions.  I might cringe but I will answer any questions my kids ask - about anything.  And I welcome any avenue to conversation - even  the awkward ones.  :-)  

I think this show has a great message.  They do a really good job of keeping it real.  Making it feel like you're not just watching a tv show but getting you to become invested in their family.  It speaks volumes on behalf of autism awareness.  You know I have a special place in my heart for anyone on the spectrum.  Is that my connection to this show?  Or is it Lauren Graham and my undying love for all things Gilmore Girls?  I don't know or care - I just love it!  

Ok, I know this was short but it's past my bedtime and who knows what I might write.  My mind is all over the place tonight.  

I do have one request... my sweet Aunt Margaret had surgery today.  She is facing a long road ahead of her.  Please keep her in your prayers.  I will share more information when I can.  

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment