Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We were on the road headed to my parents house before 8 a.m.  We made one quick stop for candy corn - only to discover that candy corn was no where to be found... so I grabbed M&M instead.

I am not someone that requires instant gratification.  I'm usually a bargain shopper and wait for the right price.  I've used a point and shoot camera forever but recently decided I wanted a serious camera.  Jack did his research and asked around and narrowed my choices down to one.  I went to Best Buy a few days ago and checked it out.  I compared it to several others.  I looked at Sams again the other day when I stopped to get milk... I liked it, a lot!  I digress... long story short, Jack found it on sale this morning and the store was open, so we bought it!  :-)  I LOVE IT!  But more about that later.

I just asked Jake to let Addy out... I'm really tired.  Addy's not here, Suzy needed to go out.  Ugh!  I think it's best to say we had a wonderful day.  We got some great news and at the end of July we will welcome a new member of the family.  :-)  (No, it's not Sarah.)  ;-)

Some of these pictures were taken on my new camera and some were taken on my phone.  

A thankful table...

full of family.

Yes, the brothers and their families were missing.

Addy was really hungry and ready to pray.

It's always fun to play in Great Grammy's cabinet!

Isaac thought so too!

After dinner Dad waited for dessert.
He was alone.

The kids played outside.
Nice hit Isaac.

 
Addy practiced her balancing and side steps.


Sam only stopped for a moment.

Jake served pie.

Sample plate - sweet potato, apple and pecan pies.

 
 Saying goodbye to my folks is never easy.
And I zoomed in.

 

And a few pictures of the moon,
trying out my zoom!
WOW!

 
Here's my new camera.
Nikon P510.
It's a hybrid (point and shoot/DSLR)

And crossing the Kansas River on our way home.

Happy Thanksgiving!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment