Saturday, November 24, 2012

Trees

Yesterday, Jack and I started thinking about where we were going to put the Christmas tree this year.  It didn't take long to find the perfect spot.  As excited as I was, it filled me with a bit of dread.  The perfect spot is in the spot currently occupied by the work station in the sitting room.  We knew it wasn't going to be a small task, which caused my apprehension.  This morning I headed upstairs to clear space in the spare bedroom, I wasn't sure where I wanted it exactly, so I cleared out two corners.  We got it moved, although Jack wasn't happy with me when I wanted to check out my options but hey, a girls gotta make sure it's right.  ;-)  We put a few things in the desk but I was anxious to get started on the Christmas decorating.  

We got a new tree last year after Christmas.  It's shorter and skinnier than our old tree.  It's got colored lights, instead of white.  I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get up but I was happily surprised.  Since it is only 6' tall, I decided it needed a little help and set it on top of the coffee table.  I think it looks perfect!  
Our large tree

with a new topper

My fascinator put me in the decorating spirit

Our medium tree #1
(Yes, I have two of these - the other one is going on the landing.)

And our wee tree.

None of our trees have decorations on them yet.  
I haven't gotten into the depths of the boxes yet. 
I love decorating for Christmas!  
Why try and do it all in one day???

We received our first Christmas greeting card yesterday from a former co-worker of Jack's.  He has a way with words and his writing is very lyrical.  It's impossible to read without smiling. I look forward to reading many more letters and cards.  As I typed, I realized I haven't even thought about writing my own yet.  If I wake up tonight, at least I'll have something to think about... and maybe, just maybe it will be written by morning.  ;-)


Our mantle is a work in progress...

I found this last year...
and thought it was a perfect reminder.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment