Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And so it begins... again

We have decided to take a trip over Spring Break.  We are going somewhere warm.  

Hint:
It's the one on the left.
:-D
We are all very excited!

Sooo... what does that mean?  Time to jump on the eating right band wagon again, get my hiney off the couch and try to shed some of these pounds that somehow found their way back to my waist.  I have 122 days!  I'm using myfitnesspal.com to track every bite - every morsel that touches my lips.  Being accountable for every calorie does wonders.  Thankfully all the Halloween candy is gone and there are no more Swedish fish in the house mocking me.  Tempting me.  Forcing me to gobble them down.  

Mmm.  I love Swedish fish.  I think they're my favorite candy.  

Ugh.  It's gonna be a long night.  I hope I don't dream about little red fish - laughing at me.  :-(  

We decided we wanted to take a trip and forgo our Summer vacation.  The kids schedules are busy and it just makes sense.  We all agreed last summer was crazy busy.  We will still take our annual pilgrimage West.  And our I am certain Fall will be filled with weekend trips to wherever the band is competing.  I have to say, I really enjoy it this year!

We have only taken one other trip over Spring Break.  Two years ago we went to California to visit my Aunt Margaret.  She lives between Salinas and Monterey in the hills.  It's a beautiful area.  We took a drive down 17 Mile Drive around Pebblie Beach (that's what she calls Pebble Beach) the day of the tsunami warning.  The kids got out and walked on the beach and rocks at Seal Rock.  Jack and I got out of the car, too.  Aunt Muggs stayed in the car and prayed the whole time.  :-)  
Aunt Margaret's house is on the left.
Gorgeous!
Steinbeck country!

Aunt Muggs holds a special place in my heart.  I continue to keep her close in thought and prayer.  She has kidney cancer.  She will have another surgery soon.  Please continue to  pray for her.  

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment