Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow Day #4 (a little late)

Jack went to work today.  He rushed out the door because he had just finished shoveling the hill left by the plow last night and he saw another plow pass for round two.

It was snowing again.  We got a little dusting overnight but couldn't believe it was still coming down.  

My kids must have been tired because they both slept in past 10:30 this morning.

It didn't surprise me when Annie asked if she could have a friend over.

Jake has lots of studying and is going to finish shoveling.

I think I have written about something I started about a year ago.  It's called Day Zero Project.  Basically, you make a list of 101 things you'd like to accomplish in the next 1001 days.  In an attempt to help Jake and Annie make long term goals and have something to work towards I had each of them start a list today.  I didn't expect either of them to finish the list of items today but they both got a start on it.

It was a quiet day.  The kids went over and checked on the kitties.  Annie was in charge of defense.  They only saw one cat again.  The next time we go over we must find #2.

I'm feeling a little icky today.  I'm not really surprised.  Monday I got sneezed on.  Well, not just sneezed on... I turned around and was talking to one little person when another came up and sneezed on me while my mouth was open.  (I almost gagged.)  Definitely a job hazard.  

Here are a couple pictures from our day.
Snow was still stuck to everything.

And the piles in the lots were high!

Jake decided to climb a few.


He was king of the snow!

Today, we were back into the school routine.  Our classroom was full of happy kids and we saw many smiling parents dropping them off.  I think everyone was glad to be back in the swing of things.  I was still feeling crummy.  I had made a doctors appointment yesterday and got lucky getting my thyroid levels checked AND medicine for my cough in the same appointment.  (Don't get me started... cliff note version; please make a separate appointments for each reason you're being seen by the doctor.  Ugh!)  Nevertheless I was seen during the lunch hour and she must have had low blood sugar and forgotten.  :-)

I took my cough medicine at 6:30 pm to help me sleep.  It's 10:42 and I'm still awake.  ?  I don't know why but I am.  It has hydrocodone in it.  I do feel mellow but I'm awake.  

I so glad tomorrow if Friday!

Sleep dreams.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment