Sunday, September 22, 2013

"I'm so glad I went"

Friday night was the first home football game - and Homecoming.  I got these pictures before the game of the Red and Silver Brigade.  They did great.


As they take the field
looking SUPER sharp in their new uniforms
4 drum majors - in black
(Jake is the second tuba back)


West "W"
for the Star Spangled Banner


Jake, looking stoic.

(It's crazy, but I see in this picture is D.J.)

The new directors
Mrs. Cheryl Kimball and Mr. Joe Steuvers
(passing in front of Jake)


waiting for the football team to take the field,
standing at attention.
They played the school fight song as the team took the field.

And Annie...
Hanging out with friends in the student section
during the football game.
I'm not use to that, yet.

AND THEN,
my camera battery died.
:-(

The band did a nice job at half time - during the Homecoming Queen and court coronation.  It was music from last years show and brought back good memories.  The band played throughout the whole game, which is new.  Jack and I loved it!  And they performed their show after the football game, we won 35-14.  It was really neat because the football team all took a knee in the end zone and watched the band.  Then when the band was done the players made a path, so the band could walk past them and they clapped until the last band member passed by.  It was impressive!

Annie had fun at the game and 
said, "I'm so glad I went."
:-)

And last night was Homecoming!  

"MOM!  No pictures!"

"Seriously!"

Almost done!

Dressed and ready - posing with her Dad.


"Can we make this quick?"

Um, no.

Perfect make up - done by Annie
What a sweet face!

Beautiful hair!
  
Great shoes
(Although most of her friends wore flats)
Annie wore them to dinner then took them off as soon as they got to the dance.
"That's what everyone did, Mom.
You check your purse and your shoes!"
;-)

Posing with friends
from the top:
Sydney, Izaya, Noah, Ella, Eric, Annie, Rachel, Macrea and Arden

Annie and Eric

Ella, Annie and Arden

Then "Let's make Annie feel awkward!"

Successful.
Well, they all looked a little awkward.
:-)

They had dinner at a local Italian restaurant and arrived "casually late" to the dance.  Annie said, she had a great time.  "Way better than middle school dances!"  After the dance their group went to Noah's house where they watched a movie.  

I spent the evening enjoying Lauren's Bachelorette Party.  We danced and laughed and had a great time.  :-)  I was in charge of picking up kids, so I departed at 1:00 a.m.  And yes, I thought several times on my drive home, 'I'm so glad I went!'

I got 4 very sleepy kids delivered to their homes, safe and sound.  And I heard those words again, "I am so glad I went!"  I just have to say, I love hearing those words from my somewhat introverted girl.  I want her to embrace these opportunities.  :-)

Jake did not go to the Homecoming dance... instead he met friends at the movies.  And yes, there was a girl.  ;-)  I asked why he didn't ask her to Homecoming and he said simply, "it's not her thing."  However, he did have a lot of questions for Annie today.  How was it? Did you really have fun?  It was cute watching the interaction.

It was a fun weekend, but I think we're all tired.  

Have a wonderful week!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment