Thursday, April 17, 2014

Reat's Challenge / Updates

Day 1 - I wore white.

Day 2 - I smiled because I didn't get peed on, pooped on or thrown up on.  (Woo hoo!  It was a great day at work!)

Day 3 - I am thankful for the time my family spends together at the dinner table.  (Tonight we weren't able to eat together because Annie had to babysit BUT it's usually one of the best parts of my day.)

---

My posts lately have been a little scattered.  My thoughts are all over the place.  

Kansas City has been in the news too much lately.  Too much!  

By now you probably know the names William, Reat, and Terri.  Reat's Mom has stated what she wants us all to do is "keep living."  I'm still in awe of her strength.  Her grace.  Her faith.  

Terri's funeral was today.  William and Reat's is tomorrow.  

---

Peggy (Lisa's Mom) is doing a little better.  Yesterday, she had a stent put in her bile duct.  Her right lung partially collapsed but is doing much better today.  She's still on oxygen but her levels are improving.  She was sitting up in a chair, was cleared to drnk ice tea and eat jello and was up for a visit from her grandsons.  They are hoping she will be moved out of ICU tomorrow.  Please continue to pray for her. 

---

The kids are busy.  Chemistry is a hard class.  I wish we would have gotten better advice and had Jake wait to take it next year.  Hindsight is 20/20, right?  At this point we're just trying to help him get through it. 

---

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to add.  I have a bit of writers block.  Hopefully you think my bits and pieces are better than silence.  
    
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment