Monday, April 14, 2014

Home, Community, Love

Jake and the band returned in the rain.   Jake said the trip was great and he can't pick one favorite part. "It was just the whole thing.  It was great."  

Enjoying Belmont Park
(it was really high - but SO fun!)

Jake is still on cloud 9.  He's glad to be home but a little sad the trip is over.

---

I am certain everyone is aware of the senseless act of violence and hit my community yesterday.  It's unbelievable.  But, in case you haven't seen the mother of the 14 year old killed and daughter his grandfather.  I would urge you to take a moment to watch and listen... Mindi Losen - what an amazing example of faith. (double clip on it, Dad.)  

We are but instruments in the hands of the Master — all credit, all honor and all glory belongs to Him and Him alone.
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace
Where there is hatred, let me spread love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy
  Lord make me an instrument
This was posted on Facebook by one of Reat's friends.  Here are her words: "I have started a challenge for all of those in want of honoring Reat and those lost yesterday. Join me in challenging ourselves to rise to a new level of self-improvement in recognition of how Reat tried to live his every day life. Don't go to school with me? Doesn't matter. Thank you so much everyone."  

Challenge Accepted!




---

Finally, I ask for prayers for my friend, Lisa, and her family.  Lisa's mother, Peggy, was scheduled for surgery to remove pancreatic cancer this morning.  The procedure was ended early. Doctors found liver disease and were unable to do surgery, fearing her liver would not be able to handle the stress of this major operation.  And disease is advanced enough there was concern about her coming out of anesthesia.  Thankfully, she awakened and they are trying to manage her pain.  At this point, the doctors are trying to determine their next course of action in cancer treatment.  Your prayers are appreciated.

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment