Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Jake

I haven't talked much about Jake lately, here's the latest.

Jake has decided it's time to stick his toe into the world of employment again... well, he applied for a job, anyway.  I'm hoping and praying it's a better experience than Smoke & Fire (or Smoke & Mirrors was more like it, right?)  Anyway, the company is Fat Brain Toys, which will be opening at store near 135th and Nall soon.  It's a very cool toy store.  They close at 8 every night and are open on Sunday from 12-5.  My fingers are crossed.  He wasn't able to apply in person, rather they asked for a resume be emailed.  SO, Jake has a resume now that looks pretty darn good and he has references.  

Jake is at the age where he really wants to be treated like an adult, but he still wants to act like a kid.  Oh, you want an example?  Well, you're in luck because I have a picture...

Yep, I pushed this out of Sam's Club today.

It started out as him wanting to stand up and ride in front of me, "like when I was little" and it turned into this.  The guy that highlighted your receipt at the exit didn't act like it was anything out of the ordinary.  I thought, 'Oh dear, I've turned into one of THOSE people letting my kids do whatever they want.'  Oh well.  Jake will PROBABLY never do this again.  AND I got a picture.  Ha!  Crazy kid!  Oh well.  I shrugged it off with a laugh.  What else can I do, right?  It was pretty funny watching him get himself out.  It wasn't easy.

Jack had golf, so here were my walking partners tonight...
Kinda blurry.
They were walking SO fast!


Being a teenager is hard... there's no other way to put it.  I have said it before and I'll say it again. I need to remember he's still growing, just like my preschoolers.  He needs patience and guidance and lots of love.  He needs help finding the right words sometimes.  He needs validation.  And I need to be his soft place to fall.  Someday, I will miss days like today... but today, I'm simply thankful!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment