Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hello Spring!

This year I have been anxiously awaiting Spring.  It was such a joy when I saw the first sprigs of green poking out of the ground.  Then almost overnight I saw this...

 
beautiful color!

Earlier this week Annie came home from school with a letter... it read "Congratulations!" Annie was selected for the EKL Art Team and will represent her school at competition! How cool is that?  On April 21st she will get to skip school to take part in her first juried show, as well as attend a variety of demonstrations, participate in; a group chalk drawing, still life competition, an art history "game." She is one of two freshman!  We are very excited for her!

Today, Jake had Regional Solo/Ensemble Contest.  His piece was quite a bit tougher than last year and he did really well.  He did really well and received a 2 rating.  We are so proud of him!  Monday they had a recital at school and Jake struggled.  It didn't help that his director was following along on his music - watching over his shoulder.  "Mom, I was sweating like crazy!"  And much to Jake's chagrin I made a comment to her about it this afternoon when I was volunteering.  She said she likes see how kids are going to handle the pressure.  "He was only a few points away from a 1!"  He was very happy with his performance, too.

I have a prayer request.  My friend Lisa's Mom (Peggy) found out this week she has Pancreatic Cancer.  They are very optimistic because it was caught early.  She will meet with her surgeon on Thursday.  Peggy had breast cancer 18 years ago.  As I said, they are very optimistic but cANCER is a scary word and prayers are appreciated.    

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment