Monday, May 13, 2013

Celebrating Jake

Today, was the Band Awards Banquet.  We went as a family.  Jake ditched us as soon as we walked in.  :-)  He sat with friends.  :-)  We sat in the back.  No problem.

We watched the DVD and both Jack and I were surprised it didn't include the marching band show, The Next Step.  Lots of pictures.  Lots of memories.  :-)

Wow, there is a lot of talent in our band!  I found myself even more impressed than I was already.  Jake got his pin for achieving a 1 rating on his solo at State.  :-)  He lettered in Band.  :-)  AND he received a certificate.  :-)
Jake's letter, band pin
and the 1 rating pin he received is on the far left.

Jake lettered in Band.
Countless hours of practice and sweat equity.

7 students received this recognition.
Mr. Kirk said, "I'm very proud of these individuals and 
it just goes to show how much dedication is in this band and
that it's so important to push yourself."
All 7 are amazing musicians, I might add.

Sorry it's a little blurry, he was far away.
When Jake stood up he said, 'someone's been eating cake' 
because Jake's lips were black from frosting. 

Mr. Kirk, on the left and Mr. Longabaugh, on the right.
Passing out awards, celebrating the Seniors and sharing stories.
They will be missed!

What a fun night!
I'm so proud of my boy!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment