Saturday, March 16, 2013

The adventure begins

The adventure begins on the road less traveled.

Well, actually, I should start at the beginning but
 I didn't want this to be the first picture you saw.
Yesterday, we went to pick up the rental car...
and got a bit delayed by Mr. Policeman.
I don't think there's any reason to go into detail.
If you're curious, ask Jack.  (I was the passenger.)


 
Annie, my friend Lisa and I decided we needed happy toes 
and started our day with mani/pedi's.

Super cute blueish purple, for Annie.


Then the packing was started and finished.
This is the beach/swim/misc. bag.


We left this morning at 4:36 a.m.
Galveston ETA - 3:16 p.m.

Jake slept with a pillow over his head.
!?
I have no idea why.


Morning has broken
over Oklahoma.


WHAT is that color?
I've almost forgotten.
Green!  Spring is coming!!


We were packed in tight.
I barely had room to wiggle my toes.

Jake brought a blanket and wanted to put it in the trunk.
"Sorry, no room."
"None?"
"Well, there may be room for a shoe."
;-)


Jack's lunch criteria - 
Taco (fill in the blank)  - NOT a chain or
a BBQ joint with a smoker out front and smoking.
Well, this is where we stopped in a tiny town in Texas.


 
Jack was hungry.
The kids were not interested in a photo op,
but the place was quirky and charming.
The food was... expensive leftovers.
They were warming up the smoker.  ?
The gentleman brought us a plate of pickles, onions and jalepenos.
And there were antenna sticking out...
Jack pulled out a BIG black bug from between the jalepenos.
?
Gag!
"Excuse me, sir?"
He gave us a new plate... but we didn't eat any.
Live and learn, right?
New criteria - the smoker must be smoking AND have food cooking on it.
:-)

The drive was beautiful.


Like I mentioned, we took the road less traveled
and avoided Dallas.
I wish we could have avoided Houston but that was not the case.



The kids took a nap.
Or in Jake's case, naps.

We made many stops and arrive at our hotel at 6:15 p.m.
Not bad!


This is the view from our hotel tonight.


Ok, this is actually the view.
The above was zoomed in with my camera.
Believe it for not it is a portion of this picture.
It's in the middle toward the left.
;-)

Being goofy with at the gas station.
She had no idea he was at the window.


Jake, "no pictures please.
Yea, thanks."
;-)


We could still see hurricane damage around town.
:-(


We made it to the beach to burn a little energy just as the sun set.
Jake was full of it.

We enjoyed our walk!

And would have stayed longer but the police chased us away.

More soon!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment