Friday, March 29, 2013

Ships log - Day 7

AT SEA

The kids slept in, since it was their last opportunity.  Jack and I met the Pfeiff's for breakfast, then Lisa and I staked out our place on deck.  We wanted to watch Grease sing-along version on the big screen.  It was a bit cloudy and windy, too.  Brr!  I ran to the room and got our beach towels.  We bundled up and made the best of it.  Jake, Nick and a group of girls came running to us at one point.  They were playing a game and needed me to hide a black and white bandana under my hat with some hanging out.  The girls said, "thanks, Ma'am!"  And then they were gone a quickly as they came.  Lisa and I laughed about getting Ma'am'd.  We went back to watching our movie and singing along - with our teeth chattering.  The other team came down and looked for the hidden bandana without success.  I felt a little guilty.  Jake came running to retrieve it as soon as his team found the one the other team had hidden somewhere else on the ship.  Lisa and I continued to sing along... I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure we were the only ones actually singing along.  :-D  It was AWESOME!

After lunch we went to the art auction.  No, I had no interest in buying anything but it's a fun thing to say I've done.  Then Jack and I took a walk about.  We went to the bow of the ship.  Then up above the bridge.  It's fun to explore and since we've been on this ship before it was like walking back in time.  I remember the kids running around with Molly and Michael on the bow.  And could see pictures in my mind of them posing for pictures in front of this or that... what wonderful memories!  And now more to file with the old.  :-)

Now it was time to head back to the room and start packing.  :-(  I knew our room steward was busy and had determined by now that he was fairly new - and possibly overwhelmed.  The kids were up and out of the room by 9:30.  They put the "make up room" card in the slot.  It was now after 2:00 p.m. and I couldn't get the suitcase out from under the bed because the kids bed was still out.  !?  He had seen Jack leave at one point and told him he would be bringing us an evaluation form and an envelope, if we wanted to give him something extra.  I had one bag on the bed and another on the floor when he knocked and asked if he could make up our room.  I let Jack handle it.  I thought his timing was ridiculous.  Jack asked if he could make up the kids bed.  I don't want you to think I was being petty... his guy had really been slacking.  BUT I didn't let him put a damper on our fun. 
    
This was from earlier in the week but I just found it.
It made me laugh.

All too soon it was time for our last dinner...
Annie was looking adorable, as usual.

And I love this picture of Jake. 

Annie making her selections.
Renante was awesome!

Then Jake took the camera for a bit...

 
I gave him a little show.
:-)

Jack

We all enjoyed the dining room parade. 


Ummm, how many dessert are you having tonight, Jack?
-No more than my daughter!

Which one are you going to start with Annie?
Ummm.  ?
Ha ha!
  
Another hazy sunset.

Jack and I went to the Farewell show.  It was... eh.   We had decided we were going to self tender in the morning so we didn't need to set out our luggage.  

We called it a night fairly early for everyone.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment