Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 1, 2015

It's Super Bowl Sunday.  And I'm home watching a movie with Annie and enjoying it!

I spent a long weekend in St. Louis with Aunt Sue.  I left early (I mean eeeeearly) Friday morning and left my car at Sue's.  We stopped in Columbia for breakfast and made it to our hotel around 10 ready to craft, scrapbook and in my case, organize pictures.  I started with a scrapbook from our trip to North Carolina last summer.  I would have finished it but I didn't have enough pictures.  I completed a scrapbook from Jack and I's trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in 2003.  And started a little one for pictures of Suzy.  Jack confessed he wasn't ready for a book of Suzy pictures, so I'm glad I didn't get that one going.  I organized years of pictures by child and by year.  I didn't get them put into chronological order, but years of pictures are just a few steps away from organized.  Our weekend was filled with late night and sleeping in... until 8.  We ventured out yesterday afternoon for lunch and stops at Walmart and Michael's for supplies.  We didn't go to the pool.  It was SO fun!  Relaxing and productive!  We even signed up to go again next January!

Sue and I surrounded by creativity!

My projects...
(I'm not sure why I can't get it straight!?)
All packed up and ready to head home.
These are just my supplies.

We left at 1:00 today, hoping to make it home for the Super Bowl.  We made two stops and encountered some slick roads East of Odessa, Missouri but made it home safe and sound.  

The kids and Jack had a good weekend, too.  Jake worked a few shifts.  Annie hung out with friends. And Jack smoked a 16 pound brisket and made dinner - fulfilling a BBQ dinner for 16 he sold last year during the youth group silent auction benefiting their mission trip - for a Super Bowl party. What do you think my chances are that he's going to bring me home some burnt ends?  I'm thinking little to no chance.  That's ok.

--- 

There have been some big changes in my world.  I changed jobs.  I am now teaching Pre-K at Parkwood Day School.  I am a creature of habit and this change has not been easy.  I have found that my body needs a daily amount of music and movement, which is not included in our schedule.  And I miss Katie terribly.  Going from a Special Ed classroom to a peer based class has also been tough.  I always felt overwhelming support from Katie and our therapists.  I am working to build a relationship with my team but our Special Ed teacher and therapists are only in the building twice a week.  The best way to explain how I feel is prepared but oddly ill-equipped.  This too shall pass.  I can do this.    
---

Now turn on your volume and watch the following...

Wimpy Goat (remember Dad, just double click on it)

I hope that made you smile.  I just love it.

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment