Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer days

8 things to bring you up to speed...


#1 My birthday is next week.  Ok, it's a shameless plug but I don't want anyone to forget. 


 
#2  We now have a high school SENIOR and JUNIOR!  Jake lettered in Band.  Annie received an Academic letter.  She's already set a goal to get a Thespian letter next year.   Also, a helpful suggestion - both kids have recently said it makes them nauseous when people ask them about their future plans - college, etc.  I share this to help spare the unavoidable awkwardness.        


#3  On most days this is how Pilot sleeps...
He's such a spaz!  He's 11 pounds now and getting so tall!  It's hard to remember how tiny he was... and he's not even 5 months old yet.  Nothing is safe on the coffee table anymore.  

#4  My Dad and I took a trip to deliver his labor love, 90 pages of Hayen Genealogy.  We wondered here and there and it was a fun trip.  We started off in Topeka and went to Marion, Wichita, Augusta in Kansas and Pond Creek and Yukon in Oklahoma.  We spent time on the highway but also enjoyed the road less traveled.  We didn't see any water on the roadway until we were just North of Yukon.  As I prepared for this trip I was very concerned about driving conditions.  Dad was very concerned we'd have a flat tire.  Thankfully neither were an issue.  Helpful tips: *don't forget GPS!  My trusty phone doesn't work so well without data service.  *If someone gives you directions, pay attention!  I thought Dad knew where he was going... not his fault.  (Peabody, Kansas... ugh!)
Dad at Braum's in Enid, Oklahoma.
YUM!

#5   Jake quit his job at Firehouse Sub, he was miserable.  He is now a handyman for several of our friends.  AND he is looking for another job.  AND he is having fun with his friends. He's been home for dinner only a few times since school was out and last night was the first time he spent the evening at home in... a long time. 


#6  Annie is babysitting, several times a week.  She's now driving, alone.  (Ok, just once, but it's begun.)  And she's hanging out with friends, too.  



#7  Jack is currently prepping the meat for a BBQ tomorrow night.  Friends from church purchased a BBQ at the Youth Silent Auction.   



#8   Lots of plan but not a lot of action.  I have decided I want to make a craft / art area in the basement for me and Annie.  This means I have to clean up part of the basement - kids toys I can't part with, old school work, and other treasures that I need to purge.  In the mean time we have decided to redo the floors in the basement.  Remember how overwhelmed I felt before we jumped into the closet project?  Well, I'm feeling that way times 10.  I know I just need to jump into it with both feet but... I'm procrastinating.  I'll get my rear in gear soon.  Maybe tomorrow.  ha ha!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment