Tuesday, June 9, 2015

That dog...

Day 3

This morning started with a walk.  I don't understand how a walk does everything but calm our little dog.  It revs him up.  We walked a little bit faster and a little bit farther but... nope. How long and fast does he need to go?  That is the question.  Tomorrow, earlier, farther, faster.  I hope I can handle it.    
That dog is getting longer.
And faster.  And crazier!

The walk was a good idea.  My arms and shoulders were still sore and it seemed to loosen them up.

I have been struggling making a grocery list.  I ask the family what they want to eat and usually get the proverbial "I dunno".  OR a list of junk food the kids want to snack on.  I've heard it enough that I resorted to Pinterest for inspiration.  I made a list and got to the store tonight.  The best part about grocery shopping?  72 cents off per gallon of gas, thank you, Hyvee!  

While I was on Pinterest I learned that if you mix equal parts warm vinegar (a minute, 30 seconds in the microwave) and Dawn dishwashing liquid it works like magic on soap scum.  Just put it in a spray bottle, spray on your tub, shower, walls and shower doors, leave it for 45 minutes to an hour and it wipes right off.  I used a scrubber sponge but didn't have to scrub.  Oh, and only make as much as you're going to use, it doesn't save.  And it's a little thick, so if you're sprayer gets clogged just rinse it out with hot water.  

Tonight, I went to a Michael's Craft store class with Sue and Lauren and we made bracelets. We were asked to arrive early to choose our beads.  I think I should say I had high expectations.  I think the woman was caught off guard by the number of people that showed up.  Which doesn't make sense to me because you have to enroll.  Needless to say there were WAY more people there than they expected.  The materials and tools we needed were not available.  The amount of "instruction" we received was... is there a lacking.   BUT we had fun, made the best of it and I really like that everyone created something unique and different!

my bracelet
lock and keys

Crafty Girls

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment