Saturday, July 12, 2014

They're HOME! And my projects are complete (well, almost)

The vans arrived at the church at 6:40 p.m.  Jake had called us when they were 15 minutes out... which got us to church after the vans were unpacked.  We were greeted with BIG hugs and huge smiles.  They had a great week but were happy to be home.

We were so happy to see these faces!
And they were happy to see us, too!

Jack had brought their phones and I was impressed by their restraint.  Annie didn't touch hers until she was in the truck.  Jake hadn't clearly seen any texts since the last day of school, so he got his 'new to him' phone when it became clear that we would be waiting for a while before several other parents arrived.  Jake had four voicemail messages, one from Old Navy asking him to come in for an interview.    

One last beautiful picture of Shiprock.

And guess what Jake brought us... a ROCK!

The kids are tired, so we haven't heard very many stories.
Hopefully tomorrow.

My projects are about 99% complete.  I'm want the kids help with the finishing touches in their bathroom.  
Kids bathroom
They were both really surprised and happy! 
(And a little mad because I said I didn't do anything all week) 
They love the faucets and towel hooks.

And the half bath

The stained glass was made by Paula
The shells are from every beach 
Jack and I have ever been to.

It was a long day for all of us.  Jake is already asleep.  His van listened to a book on tape so his eyes may have been closed but he said he never really slept.  Annie slept a lot on the long drive.  She kept being rudely awakened by an annoying fly.  I guess she got really mad about it, too.  She tried her best but it definitely got the best of her.  "I know I gave it brain damage."    

Time to call it a night.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment