Tuesday, November 5, 2013

These are my people

Today, was a day of transition at school.  We have one little friend that came to school in the morning and again in the afternoon.  He is moving to the afternoon class and we wanted a test day.  Today was early release, so it's a silly short day for the students.  This particular little friend has anxiety and we weren't sure how he'd feel.  We talked about it a lot.  We got him out of the car this afternoon and he was so excited.  I introduced him to new friends.  At the end of our crazy short day we had snack and Katie asked him which class he liked.  "Both."  Someone asked him to choose just one favorite.  "The afternoon, of course.  These are my people," he announced as he raised his hands.  Oh my goodness! It was adorable and perfect.  He will start tomorrow as an afternoon kid.

It made me think... how often do things fall perfectly into place?  How often do we go into something that could be kind of scary and realize, 'ahhh, these are my people'?  How often are we willing to put ourselves out there?  I don't know about you, but I'd say not often enough.

On Early Release Days we have more time between classes, so the Early Childhood staff has decided to have lunch together and each class will take a turn hosting.  Today, we had Mexican food provided by one of the other classes.  It was delicious!  So delicious, I'm making taco's for dinner.  I just didn't get enough.  Sitting there eating, looking around at our diverse group I thought, I really like these people.  What a blessing.  :-)

I read an article several days ago that has really stuck with me.  It's something I want to remember and share with the kids someday.  I hope you enjoy it.  Marriage isn't for you.  

And a video to make you stop and think.  I just love this!  The most successful play of all times.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment